Sunday, March 30, 2008

Starting Over.

If you thought I was handling a lot of drama last week, think what my blog sustained. Due to the amount of hits I received Friday my blog freaked out and had to be reformatted and basically rebuilt. This is the new and better version, which will hopefully come along with a new and better version of my dating life. What follows is a brief synopsis of the last few months of my love life leading up to last week's events.

Since December of '07 I've chronicled my love and social life in the dating capital of the world, New York City. I've had some great dates and I've had some really crappy ones. I've fallen out of like a lot of times and fallen in like a few. I've done a lot of leaving, and I've been left. I've broken a few hearts and in the beginning had mine broken along the way. Most of all, I've learned more from writing about my experiences and reading the responses I've gotten via comments and email from other single girls than I could've learned in a million years without this blog.

I began writing this blog for fun. Dating and falling in love went hand in hand with my profession, so I thought it might be fun to write about my own dating experiences. My blog started with just a few readers, mostly my close friends and family and somehow grew to have a readership of thousands, most of whom I'm quite sure I've never met in the real world. My growing readership started to cause issues in my love life when I realized the guys I was dating, as well as guys I'd previously dated and their friends, and their friends friends were reading my blog. I continued blogging anyway. While I used pseudo-names to protect the innocent, (or in most cases not so innocent), guys in my life, last week most parties involved real identities were found out by one of their mutual friends. This culminated in half of the city logging onto my blog and following the dating dramas of yours truly, something I had never intended or wanted to happen. This also created a great amount of unwanted drama in my life and caused me to rethink being a dating blogger at all. After a weekend of being blog-less I decided the best thing I could do now was start over. Start a new blog. Concentrate less on dating and more on living...with a bit more perspective and a lot less drama.

LMM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, hope everything's calmed down now for you!! Did you get my email? Love from Asia! ;)

Katie said...

Hey I can't believe all of this!! And I love how you're handling it - with dignitiy and truth :o)

April said...

Maybe this was a sign to start new and forget (erase) the old! ;)

Anonymous said...

Fresh starts are always the best starts!

xoxox,
Jen