Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Almost Lovers.

I heard A Fine Frenzy's song "Almost Lover" by accident today and it made me start thinking about all of the guys in my life that were almost mine. There are so many people that come in and out of our lives, some that touch our lives in ways we never thought possible, some who stay forever and some who walk in and out in the blink of an eye and never know how profoundly touched by them we were.

I don't suppose there's any way we can know who we are meant to be with and who is meant to just be a stepping stone on our path's to finding the person we're supposed to be with, but I think for everyone there are certain people who will always in the back of our minds elicit a "what if...". I know there are people in my past who I think "what if I would've told them how I felt"...or "what if I would've given them another chance?" Or... Just "what if"? Would my life be different now? Would I be the person I am? Would I be happier? Would I be miserable? Or would I just be different than the person I am now?

I know that there is supposed to be one person that is meant for us...The One, have you...But how do we know when we meet the one? And how do we know if the one is really the right one for us or if we're simply making a huge mistake? What if one of our almost lovers was really our "one" and we let them go? Or what if our one is standing right in front of us and we don't want to think or admit that they are the one?

If you're my one, can you please stand up?

"Goodbye my almost lover, goodbye my hopeless dream...I'm trying not to think about you, can't you just let me be?" -A Fine Frenzy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mine too please, it's too hard looking though the chaff to find him!

Anonymous said...

how long most I stand for?

Anonymous said...

i long most I stand for?

Anonymous said...

How long most I stand for?

Anonymous said...

I think if it's The One, you will know, and everything will fall into place because everything will happen exactly how it's meant to. So don't worry, just have faith that you will find The One and you won't have to fight to make it work, because it just will. :) Faith, my dear! Love you!! I'm happy you're happy being back in Florida, can't wait to visit you! ;) xoxo