Friday, May 9, 2008

Floridays.

I can't even explain how nice it is to be back in Florida. To be able to see the ocean, to drive a car, to go where ever I want when I want and not have to worry about taking a cab or catching a train...It's just normal. And I'd almost forgotten what normal was. I'm still completely stressed with car shopping and house hunting and work ahead of me next week, but there's this little voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me, everything is going to be alright. I know everything is going to work out, it's jsut getting there that's stressing me out.

I'm going out on the boat tomorrow with my parents and I'm so excited, because that's one of the things I really missed about living down here. I hung out with my best friend from home last night and it was so good to catch up and just hang out with him again. It made me realize how much I had missed it here. Tonight I'm going out with some old friends and I'm so excited to see them since it's been almost 6 months since I've been home. Sunday is going to be utter craziness, because we're taking my Hehe, (aka Grandma), out for breakfast and then meeting my really fun extended family for a "Mother's Day Party", which basically means food, drinks and insanity all day long. After that, I'm heading to West Palm with Jen and car shopping Monday, then it's SoBe here I come!

I've kind of pushed my love life out of my mind over the past few days, but today when I was driving, yes driving, until recently a bizarre concept to me, and I started thinking. Some country song came on the radio about "you'll think of me" and I did. I started thinking of him, for the first time since I left. I started thinking that even though I barely know him and even though he's dorky and a billion miles away, I miss him. Not like the miss where you're like "I think of you every second of every day" miss, but the kind of miss that makes you think, "wow maybe this could be something worth not fucking up" miss. I think I've just been so reluctant to let myself care about him, that it took me sitting in that car, a thousand miles away, listening to a sappy country song to realize that maybe I really do care enough to try, like he keeps telling me, to make this work...That is, if he can try, too...

xoxo,
LMM

2 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome! take it all in, it's as big as it seems.... :o)

Katie said...

LMM, how's the car shopping and house/cottage hunting going!?