Monday, May 5, 2008

My Wish.

I have always been a big believer in the idea that what's meant to be, is meant to be, no matter what we do to try and change it. The older I get, the more I realize how much fate and circumstance mold our lives. I think about my life up to now and looking back I can't believe the life I've lived and where I've ended up. If you would've told me 4 years ago that I would be a matchmaker and dating coach, living in New York City, getting ready to move to Miami, I would've thought you were crazy. But now I couldn't imagine my life any other way and everything truly seems like it happened because it was supposed to happen. Even the shitty times in my life, working for a crazy person, dating a few crazy people, have all brought me to where I am today and I really couldn't ask for anything more.

My thoughts on life have also been so changed and molded over the past few years that sometimes I can't even believe I'm the same person I used to be. In college I was obsessed with going to law school and becoming an attorney, and now I literally could never see myself doing anything accept what I'm doing. When I was younger I didn't like dogs and was never a fan of children, now I love dogs and kids more than anything else in life, except God and my job, lol. I never wanted pets or kids, and I was sure I never wanted to get married, and if I did it wouldn't be until I was in my thirties. Now here I am, with the views that the person I used to be would absolutely abhor. I don't know what changed me, or how I came to be who I am now, but I'm pretty sure that for whatever reason, God wanted me to become the person I am now, with the ideals I have now, and the life I have now.

One of the main reason I was ok with leaving the city was the fact that it's so hard to settle down here and even harder to raise a family here. When I came here a few years ago, these thoughts would have never, ever come across my mind. Some days I wake up and I can't believe I'm in my mid-twenties, I feel like I was just 21 yesterday, and now here I am almost a quarter of a century old. My friends who used to be huge party girls are now spending their spare time planning weddings and baby showers instead of going to happy hour. I realize I have chosen to live my life for my career for the past 3 years, and I have chosen to live in this city where relationships are practically non-exsistent, I don't regret a second of it. I wouldn't give up any of what I have now for anything else, and I can only pray that who I am today will lead me to who I should be with tomorrow. I know life isn't easy. I know relationships aren't easy, but I can only hope that when I meet the right person it will all fall into place exactly the way it should, no matter what the circumstances. And maybe that will be the happy ending to my sort-of fairytale life.

"My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,You never need to carry more than you can hold,And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,Yeah, this, is my wish."-Rascall Flatts

xoxo,
LMM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are changing your priorities and location at just the right time for you to progress further with your life.

As for what changed you, i'd hazard a guess at life. i don't know anyone who is the same at 25 as they were at 21, and you'll be different again by the time you hit 30.

L x

Anonymous said...

ARGH i think my comment got deleted...anyway you'll get what you want! i know you will :)

we all change as we grow up and experience new things (eg. i never thought i'd even WANT to move to new york, and now i'm moving in 4 months!).

ps. your profile pic is so sad looking! (pretty though)

Katie said...

Tomorrow's the big day! You're going to be so relieved to get out of NYC!