Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When It's Over, It's Over.

At least this is the way I've always felt... So why does it seem like even when this is the case, after breaking up, people think it's ok to contact their former significant others? I really don't get it. When things go badly with someone I'm dating, I simply choose not to talk to them again, at least not for a significant amount of time after we've been broken up. I most definitely do not call them days, weeks or months later to "check in"...

Last night I get a text from HFM "I hope your Memorial Day weekend was better than mine was, I'm in a hotel in ------, I've been with clients all weekend". Ok. Let's rewind back to a month ago- I found out I was living in South Florida, not Miami, due to work, he freaked out because I wasn't going to be with in minutes of his winter house and I couldn't split my time between NYC and Miami with him, which made me freak out and we decided it couldn't work. I was fine with this, fine with us being done, fine with us not talking... I've moved on and I'm over it, when he decides to text me. Of course I don't respond, so he proceeds to text me again, and again I don't respond. I wake up this morning to a blinking Blackberry filled with social networking notifications that he's tagged photos of us... Together.

Maybe it's just me, but in my experience when things are done with someone they are done. As in OVER. Maybe I'm losing it, but is this behavior somehow suddenly the norm? It's like every time I move on with my life and start seeing someone else, the last person I dated is suddenly trying to be back in my life... I guess the old saying is true "we always want what we can't have"... Well, I can tell you one thing... I do know what I certainly don't want...

XoXo,
LMM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, sister from another mister...;) heehee

maybe he just misses you. i understand that much...!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, you're so right. Why can't people just leave it alone once it's over? I don't want to know about it any more!

mutter, mutter, grumble, grumble

Anonymous said...

you and I are def the opposite when it comes to that stuff! that's why together we sorta balanced our dating life haha...just think about what I did those 2 weeks u were gone in april!
about HFM..u know he was my fave..maybe he just misses you? btw saw the pix as well..and I was kinda like "wtf? thought they weren't speaking anymore?"
I know u never really give second chances (except that ONE time long time ago)...but maybe you could this time?

Anonymous said...

you need to find another Mr. Adorable... mmm mmm!

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

"cada beso bautizado
crea nuevas primaveras..."...!?...for you...my sweet lady!...kiss.