Monday, April 7, 2008

Airports And Indecisiveness.

As I write this I'm sitting in terminal number 4 at LGA headed to south Florida. I'm usually more excited when I go somewhere warmer even if it is for work but today I'm kind of sad I'm going to be away for my real birthday tomorrow. I know jen and I will have fun celebrating both of our birthdays but I'm missing the city already and I haven't even left yet. This really makes no sense at all because most days I feel like I'm over new york. Am I falling in love with the city all over again? I have a total love hate relationship no matter what the case. I would love to have the best of both worlds and summer in the city and winter in Miami. I think that would be perfection but the truth is even if I had that arrangement I would probably miss whatever city I wasn't in at the time. This directly relates to my dating life. I could have the perfect relationship with the perfect guy and I swear a part of me would still be wondering if I'd be happier with someone else. Is it just me or is our generation especially those of us lucky enough to date in new york never satisfied? As much as I try and appreciate life and relationships it always seems there could be more out there. Does there come a point in our lives where we ever stop wondering what else there is? Maybe it all boils down to timing or the pieces finally fitting together. Or maybe its more about finding the right person at the right time whose life can fit perfectly into yours without even a thought of what if. And what if you have all of that and you still wonder if it can really all fit together in the end? I guess the best we can do is hope to meet someone who has all the pieces were looking for and hope they can accept ours. Xoxo lmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big dilemma, dating, isn't it? I guess you'll know when the right one comes along. After kissing so many frogs, the prince will most likely be easy to spot...no matter where or when. When you know, you know.
Mrs. C.

Anonymous said...

You will find the right guy that won't even make you question anything! p.s. this blog is very Carrie-esque!! I love it!