Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh, God.

So, last night I'm at dinner with a friend. We're talking and laughing and all of the sudden I see the last person on earth I want to see walk by me, ETF. With his friends. They were clearly going to go to the place we were at and they clearly go next door to avoid us. I am overly relieved that this occurs and go back to conversing with my girlfriend and mostly forget about the whole scenario. My friends even see him next door and report back, I care for two seconds, send a retarded text, and realize it's the beer talking and not me and I thank God I don't give a shit. Mostly since now I fully realize I was somehow blinded by the fact that I was so clearly SI for the last month in a half.

And mostly since I finally meet the guy my friends had been trying to introduce me to, "Mr. PE", out and basically have the time of my life. It turns out it wasn't him at the Mexican restaurant the other night. And it turns out he isn't dating some other chick. It also turns out he's 6'2, mid 30's, (totally passes my MDA), and beyond adorable, with dark brown hair and blue eyes, (which I just read somewhere is the most desirable combo a man can have according to 92% of women), and I must say I concur. He's also discernibly different than most of the guys I've dated lately. He's incredibly intelligent, with a undergrad and masters degree both from Ivy league schools, yet he has none of the Ivy league attitude. He's also very humble, which I adore. I've always loved shy guys, I guess they balance me out in a way. I've always hated dating guys who thought "they could get any girl to like them". That attitude has always been such a turn off to me, so to meet someone so opposite was so refreshing, especially since he's in private equity. We were basically in our own world all night talking about everything from art, to work, to our families and where we grew up. I also told him about the blog and the drama and he thought it was hillarious. I know it was only a pseudo first date...But he did ask me to go to dinner this week. And, to be quite honest, I think this one may actually be the one worth not writing about. ;)


Friends Don't Let Friends SI,
LMM

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GR! Blogger deleted my comment...anyway I was saying that Mr. PE sounds like a keeper...so far!! ;) Good luck on your 'real' date!! Miss you...kristen ;) xoxo

Anonymous said...

You were SI for sure! At least you can admit to yourself now LOL!!!!

<3,
M

Anonymous said...

Good luck with Mr. Hottie!! At least you ditched the Nottie!!! lol.

Torrie said...

I miss you too...tessa ;)

xoxox BIG!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy we can go back to making goofy, silly comments and don't have to worry about boys we don't know freaking out on us!

and yeah bro you were way si! haha we wanted to tell you that from day one but we're trying to see it.

lol! love you!
-jen

Anonymous said...

p.s. you are a retard for texting him! haha

Katie said...

Mr. PE sounds PErfect! I can't wiat to meet him :O)

Anonymous said...

Total step up from ETF!! No more SI!! This one's freakin hot AND NICE to!!

xoxoxoxo!
Whitney