Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Don't Know Your Timetable, And I Don't Know Your Face By Heart...

To say today was a clusterfuck would be an understatement. I got to the Palm Beach International airport at approximately 12:15 after my cab was thirty minutes late. I tried to check in curbside when the agitated baggage guy told me he couldn't find my reservations. And, being the good traveler I am I had no ticket printout with me, hence no confirmation number. So I grudgingly took my ass up to the ticket counter, waited for the old lady in front of me whose cocker spaniel was busily humping her leg, though she didn't seem to notice, check in and went to the front desk. The chipper Delta lady looked up my flight info and with a smile from ear to ear informed me that I had booked my flight for next Wednesday and not today. Lovely. $150 surcharge and 6 hours and no promised PBI wi-fi service later I was on my way to LGA.

My flight was not unlike any other coming from South Florida. There were a lot of senior citizens, a lot of screaming babies coming home from seeing senior citizens and a few business travelers like myself. Luckily I got to sit next to a power lesbian in a pinstripe suit who typed on her computer, bitched about the weather in Palm Beach and sighed and rolled her eyes at me when I had to get up and go to the bathroom. After my lovely day, I walked into LGA expecting to be greeted with a grimy baggage check and a room filled with exhausted assholes when I check my cell and see a text from HFM: "Wait till you get to baggage claim...sewage issues...let me know if want anything from Starbuck's." Huh? He had a flight into JFK 45 minutes earlier and stopped by LGA with his car to pick me up. Seriously. Adorable. And this after being away all week and barely sleeping. All I could think was what a nice guy. Of course this would fall into my life weeks before I'm thinking about relocating and at the busiest time in my entire career thus far when I'm traveling half the time. Then again, he's traveling half the time, too, so maybe something could actually come of it, because we are probably the only people either of us has ever talked to who can actually understand and relate to seeing someone who is gone for days at a time. I really have no clue what will happen, but we're both in the city Sunday and we're going to dinner, so we should at the very least have some interesting stories to share...

On the Nicer Mr. Nice Guy note, things are the same as they were yesterday....and the day before...and the day before. I actually really, really like him, but a part of me is worried that things may stay the way they are forever. I am all for getting to know someone before you date them and not rushing into to anything, but I'm also not into being "friends" with someone I'm interested in for weeks or months... I guess I'm just getting old, lol, but I'm really at the point in my life where I'm finally over talking to lots of guys and seeing lots of people casually. I really want to meet the right person and date the right person as opposed to seeing multiple people casually. I truly feel for the first time I'm ready to meet someone I can not only have a serious relationship with, but also see myself settling down with in the future. Is the Nicer Mr. Nicer Guy ready for that type of relationship? Or will he simply be more comfortable staying "just friends" for months until he feels I'm right?

"I don't ever dream about you and me, I don't know your face by heart, But there is still a part of me, That thinks we might get on, I wish I could tell you face to face instead of singing this stupid song..." -Kate Nash

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound! good luck on sunday. and i totally know what you mean about just wanting to...settle. Although granted, my love life's been pretty frickin' boring since I left uni so maybe dating around once i've moved will be fun for me...heehee ;)

Anonymous said...

That's probably one of the top ten sweetest things a guy can do...awwwww...

Katie said...

cute song!

See you tomorrow!