Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nicer Mr. Nice Guy vs. HFM

I'm flying back to the city for a few weeks today. I have to pack up my apartment, wrap up my life, and come to terms with the fact that NYC will be my new Florida and West Palm will be my new home, at least for a while. I'm actually pretty ok with that. I love the city, but after almost 2 years I'm kind of over it. I can use a break from the craziness for a while, and South Florida could be just the remedy I need.

I saw the Nicer Mr. Nice Guy last night and while we're just friends, though it's obvious we like each other, everything seems right and easy with him. I can't really explain it, but there isn't the drama or anxiety or anything that has accompanied every other guy I've liked in the recent past. Maybe it's because I'm just used to neurotic New Yorkers...We'll see if that lasts...

Going out with the new HFM Sunday, as I have friend in town all weekend. He's definitely funny and hot and passes my MDA with flying colors, unlike the Nicer Mr. Nice Guy. For some reason I feel like Nicer Mr. Nice Guy is better for me than HFM, even though on the outside HFM seems to be perfect for me. HFM also splits his time between the city and Miami, he's over 30, established, sarcastic, witty, funny...But the Nicer Mr. Nice Guy just seems more right.

So, I guess I will go out with him this weekend and see where it goes and how I feel, but a part of me is pretty sure the Nicer Mr. Nice Guy will come out on top of my dating hierarchy. If he can keep my interest while I'm away over the next two weeks and not fall in love with anyone else, I think I could possibly picture myself dating him...

NYC Bound,
LMM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, sounds like you've already made up your mind! ;) Have a BLAST your last couple weeks in NYC, and good luck wrapping things up and with the move!! love you xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I bet you anything you'll end up dating the nicer mr. nice guy!

xxxoooo

Anonymous said...

I think he's too young. You like old men, hahaha!!!

love ya!