Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Like It Easy.

While I understand it's completely necessary to play games, I hate them. You know how it goes. You meet a guy, exchange numbers and then wait a few days for him to call you. If he does call you, you either don't answer or wait until the last second to take his call. Once you have started "talking" it's necessary to appear overly busy, even more so than you already are, so as to appear "unattainable". He asks you to go out to dinner or grab a few drinks and your automatic response is your busy that night, which you probably are, even if "busy" constitutes sitting on your couch watching CSI: Miami.

Once you finally agree to a time to meet when both of you are "free", (usually at least 4-6 days after initial "date" was propositioned), then comes the task of figuring out where to go. In my opinion this should rest solely on the guy, since he is the one asking. Unfortunately most guys leave this up to the girl to figure out, which makes us think you aren't capable of making your own decisions and rethink the date completely. When you do finally show up on said date both of you will talk about topics that are neutral and try to seem as sane and "whatever" as possible, so as not to seem crazy or desperate. Unless you're a total idiot you'll avoid the topics of marriage, kids, exes and politics and stick to things like your jobs, where you grew up, where you went to college and your favorite places to go out. After all of this ends you'll both go your separate ways and if you're interested, continue the game.

I've always heard it's easy when you meet the right person. Does this mean when you meet the right person you won't have to follow the rules and play the game? And what if life gets in the way of said game playing and you really can't answer the calls or forget to text back the right person? Will they still think you're right for them?

Things have actually been really easy for me lately. This makes me think. Is it because I've been too busy to think about playing the game? Or have I just not cared enough to worry about playing it? Or have I met a potentially right person? I'm sure things will become more difficult. If not, I'm sure I will make them more difficult. But for now. I like it easy.

XxOo,
LMM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm completely obsessed with your blog LOL! It gives all of us single girls out there hope!!!!

Anonymous said...

Who are you dating now?! We want to know!!

Kelly and Lisa
(Columbia)

Anonymous said...

Sigh. I assume that when we meet the 'right' person things WILL be easy in the sense that you don't feel like you're playing games. Then again, it's also pretty easy to go from that to things just not working out anymore (god I'm such a downer - I'm sorry!).

But yes, I like it easy too. Games suck. Ugh.