Friday, April 4, 2008

I Love Birthdays.

Blake Lively was walking off the elevator next to me with the new brunette girl from the show as I left my building for work this morning. She was so adorable in person, though my lobby was a random place to run into a celeb. I've heard that most of the GG cast lives downtown, I wonder if the new cast member lives in my building? As I'm sure Blake lives somewhere much sweeter.

As my readership has grown over the past month I've started to freak out about writing about guys on here anymore for fear that they or someone they know will read it. Even the pseudo names obviously haven't been fool proof in the past, so I'm really not quite sure how to keep writing as I try and build relationships along the way. I guess I basically have two choices: 1. allow my life to turn into the real world version of Gossip Girl or 2. leave the guys I date out of my blog. I'm not really excited about either scenario, but I do realize something has to be done if I decide to seriously date anyone in the near future.

On a lighter note, I found out who my blog stalker is and all I have to say is: You are older than my mother, grow up. If I was you I'd think about why I'm harassing a soon to be 24 year old that doesn't care about me at all. I really don't get your obsession, I mean looking at my blog 10-28x a day and trying to leave me rude comments? Karma always wins in the end.

So, tomorrow is my pseudo-birthday, since I'll be out of town on a business trip on my real birthday, Tuesday. I'm having a party at my friends and I's favorite sushi restaraunt and then we're all going out to one of our favorite bars. I haven't done a theme party since I was about 5, but I decided to go all out this year and do something different. There are about 25 of us going and we're all dressing up in 1940's Hollywood Glamour, whatever that means, lol. I'm totally stoked to see everyone before I leave for my trip since I won't be back until the 23rd and I'm certainly going to miss the hell out of everyone while I'm away. It's weird, but lately I've realized how amazing my friends are. I am so lucky to have friends who are always there for me and who I never have drama with. I can't even think of a time I've ever gotten into a fight with any of my close friends, even the ones I've been friends with since I was 15 or in college. I thank God for this considering how dramatic my dating life has been lately.

Doesn't it always seem like when one part of your life is going so smoothly it's a given another part will be fucked up? My job is great, my friends and family are great, yet my dating life is a total mess lately. It's the world's sick balancing act I suppose. Or maybe it's New York's. I haven't quite figured that one out yet. The good news is my birthday this year will most definitely be better than my birthday last year, since there is no boyfriend to hook up with another girl in front of me to help me celebrate the big 2-4. This makes me smile.

P.S. You're hillarous, Brian, lol. And yes. I do happen to know the difference between Miles and Coltrane, poophead. Tell Bets I miss and love her, too and I'll call her soon. I'm sure this years birthday won't be quite as exciting as the fist fighting and cheating filled one of last year that you two were lucky enough to share with me, but I'm still sad you guys aren't going to be here for it, (my best friend the brilliant, hot and young) Dr. Cochrane and her lovely (distinguished) Mr. Engineer husband Cochrane, lol.

Here's To Being The Token Single Birthday Girl,
LMM

5 comments:

Katie said...

YOU and your Gossip Girl sightings!

Looks like this year you'll be wearing a crown rather than a frown!!

Anonymous said...

I actually feel sorry for that pathetic, ugly old woman. If she only knew what people thought of her in this town! Lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy early bday I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, have a great birthday celebrating sweetie!! Wish I were there, but we can have pretend-birthday celebrations when I come back ;) Blake Lively has the best hair. (Unless it's all fake and just extensions. haha)

Muahs! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I like birthdays too....