Saturday, April 19, 2008

Facebook Stalking And The Friend Zone.

In the past 24 hours one of my ex-boyfriends and the newest HFM added me as Facebook friends. Now this is weird 1. Because they are both over 30. 2. Are 30-somethings suddenly all getting Facebook at once? And 3. I don't really want them Facebook stalking me. (ie. looking at my photos, comments, etc., especially when there are other guys involved.) Facebook is becoming the new Myspace, which freaks me out even more, since I liked it when it was just people my age and no one I'd dated, except Ivy, was young enough to be on it. Now everyone I don't want to be on it is suddenly a member. And my newest Facebook BFF's.

This brings me to my next point. Facebook has made it so easy to stalk anyone you're interested in, could be interested in, met at the club last night or is even a friend of a friend or a potential, now that you can see the whole album that your friends are tagged in. This also freaks me out. I don't want some 21 year old girls who happen to like a guy, or guys, who are tagged in my albums creeping around my photos. She could be 1. pyscho, 2. obsessive, 3. or think I'm trying to steal the guy she has a crush on and that's stress I really don't need in my life right now. I think I am getting old. I always keep my Facebook relationship status invisible whether I'm in a relationship or not, because it weirds me out to think that someone I don't know can see the real name of the person I'm dating and then log on here and read about them. I know Facebook is invasive, but dating blogging and Facebook together are just too much lately, especially with all of my exes joining the Facebook team. I mean, I'm sure there's someone out there reading this right now, looking at my Facebook and thinking damn, I know who Ivy is. I know who Mr. Nice Guy is, hell I even know who ETF is.

So, while Mr. PE and the newest HFM are still in the picture, situational factors have led me to my newest interest, who will now be referred to as The Nicer Mr. Nice Guy. The Nicer Mr. Nice Guy is one of those people that have kind of been around and it was obvious you liked each other, but they were always in the back of your mind, but your lives were in two different places. Well. In approximately 4 weeks our lives will be in pretty much exactly the same place- so where does this leave things? Will either of us actually pursue anything with one another or will he simply merge his way entirely into the friend zone and leave things as they have always been?

Peace and love,
LMM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky guy! Hopefully he doesn't screw it up and end up in the "friend zone"! hehehe...

:)!
Jamie

Anonymous said...

I like the new HFM...date him!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait until you are back in FL. for good! We all miss you sooooooo much...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you can limit the photo-stalking with privacy options on faceook, just check all your privacy settings. Eg. No one who isn't my friend can't see my pictures, even if their friends are tagged.

Also, use your limited profile! I have a bunch of ppl on my limited profile list b/c they requested to be my friend even though I barely knew them/didn't want them knowing about my life through FBK, so shoved them over to limited profile :)

(I'm still sad you're moving back to Florida...)